Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Succession certificate process

(Querist) 09 October 2014 This query is : Resolved 
I am writing to seek your valuable guidance on the process to attain a Succession / Heirship certificate on behalf of my family. My father passed away 3 months back in Dubai, U.A.E without any will. His family members are wife and four children (2 daughters and 2 sons). Now we as his legal heirs want to transfer his immovable assets (house and shop) and bank accounts under our names. He had immovable assets in Surat, Ahmedabad and Jodhpur. Additionally, he had bank accounts in Mumbai, Surat, Ahmedabad and Jodhpur.

I would like to know the process to obtain a Legal Succession certificate in these respective cities, the documentation required (from Dubai or India), any forms that need to be filled up and the charges to be paid at different government departments. By any chance is there any possibility that we can attain one certificate rather than getting them issued in different cities?

Thanks in advance for your help and time.
ajay sethi (Expert) 09 October 2014
apply for letters of administration from HC or district court wherein he has immovable properties mention all his immovable and immovable properties . it would be valid in states wherein he has properties
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 09 October 2014
Confirm whether the Bank accounts have nomination. If so, nominee can claim the balance by enclosing copy of death certificate and his KYC formalities. If no nomination exist, fulfil the laid down procedure of the bank and get the proceeds. It is cheaper and faster method. Succession certificate is comparably cost and time consuming.

For immovable property letter of administration can be taken as suggested by the expert.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query