Stamp duty on transfer

I and my brother are the joint owners of the property in 50:50 ratio. Now my brother wants to transfer his entire share of 50% to me without any consideration by way of gift deed. The property is situated in Maharashtra.

What will be amount of stamp duty on gift deed?

N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimhaOnline (Expert)

If the Property is Residential Or Agricultural and if it is gifted with out any payment to a blood relative the Stamp Duty is Rs 200/- only. The IG of Registration - Maharashtra had made a proposal for Amendment to State Govt to make it also 3% in August 2020. Better Check and Confirm the Present Rate with concerned Registrar Office.

Yes. If the property is residential or agricultural is gifted without any payment to a blood relative, then the stamp duty is Rs 200.

Stamp duty is a State subject which differ from a State to another. In Delhi for a gift deed is same as of conveyance deed
It is advisable to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

Stamp duty is state subject, inquire from local registration office / lawyer.

×

CrPC Course!     |    x