Upgrad LLM

Settlement deed

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
22 April 2012

Actually , i want to transfer my land to my brother through Settlement deed because i want to save the stamp duty charges, if i will transfer through sale deed or gift deed then i would face the stamp duty charges,
My brother is not co-sharer with me but there are other different co-sharers those are not belongs to my family , i have purchased the land that i want to transfer to my brother .
i want to know that if i got executed settlement deed can i revoke the same in future and can my legal heirs or my wife can revoke the same in future on the condition that settlement deed is not a valid way of transfer of title to my brother .

ajay sethiOnline (Expert)
22 April 2012

execute gift deed . it bears nominal stamp duty of 2%. get it dulty stamped and registered .

Devajyoti BarmanOnline (Expert)
22 April 2012

Gift deed or deed of relinquishment whatever you choose.

prabhakar singh (Expert)
22 April 2012

Gift deed may prove a better bet.

Raj Kumar MakkadOnline (Expert)
22 April 2012

There is no exemption of stamp duty over settlement deed in any State and this can even be revoked by either of the parties but not by your wife or children as the property is your self qcquired.

Shonee KapoorOnline (Expert)
22 April 2012

I would advise going for Gift deed.


Shonee Kapoor

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x