Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Setting aside summons of magistrate in criminal revision

(Querist) 28 November 2015 This query is : Resolved 
I have filed criminal complaint in court of magistrate who has issued summons against accused who has appealed in criminal revision in sessions court. My lawyer has confirmed that session court has to uphold summons & cannot cancel same. Kindly give your opinion. Also is it possible for sessions court to set aside summons only and not complaint itself.
SAINATH DEVALLA (Expert) 28 November 2015
Ask UR lawyer to go through the case of adalat prasad vs rooplal jindal and others AIR 2004 SC 4674
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 28 November 2015
Full case file need to be referred, discuss with your lawyer.
V R SHROFF (Expert) 28 November 2015
K.S.Srinivas (Expert) 06 December 2015
In the absence of any review power or inherent power with the subordinate criminal courts, the remedy lies in invoking Section 482 of Code.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query