LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Selling land on mothers name and buying house on my name

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 18 July 2022 This query is : Resolved 
Hi one of land is on my mothers name and she is selling it. To avoid capital gain tax that amount need to be reinvested in other property within 2 years as I know.
So is it possible if I buy a house on my name and she pay for it.
Will capital gain tax applicable here?
Or what other options are to avoid capital gain tax.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 19 July 2022
No. But it is not a legal query. Consult a local CA.
P. Venu (Expert) 21 July 2022
Purchase of property in your name, in my understanding, would not take take care of the mother's liability towards capital gains tax.

The viable option is that she purchase property in her name and subsequently gift or bequeath same, if she so chooses at her discretion.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query