LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Seller cheated me.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 12 October 2021 This query is : Resolved 

A delhi based seller cheated me took Advance money 30k for delivery of product ,but still it two month neither he received my call nor he send me the product.I belong to different state thinking of doing FIR against the seller.
I have filed complain in cyber crime but no responds yet from that side. If i filed FIR which sate i have to filed in my own or in delhi.Please guide.
P. Venu (Expert) 13 October 2021
An FIR may not be much help. Approach the consumer forum after serving a legal notice, though such is not mandatory.
Shubham Bhardwaj (Expert) 13 October 2021
Dear Sir,

You have 2 remedies i.e. Civil and Criminal.
1. You may file consumer complaint before the District Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission of the area where you reside under the Consumer Protection Act, 2019. AND
2. You may also file FIR u/s 420 IPC in the police Station. The complaint is filed in the area where the offence has taken place. In the present case, you may file FIR where money was given/transferred.

Shubham Bhardwaj (Advocate)
District & Session Court, Chandigarh
Punjab & Haryana High Court, at Chandigarh

Disclaimer:- Opinion is only for guidance.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 14 October 2021
Although the amount is meager, yet you may avail either or both the options as advised by expert Mr. Shubham Bhardwaj, I agree.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query