25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Section 138 of niact

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 07 August 2022 This query is : Resolved 
if accused in 138 ni act submits cheque for loan amount in magistrate court then can court refuse to accept it.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 07 August 2022
No. You go to the court and ask for the compounding of the case there only as it will help you in getting a compromise deed which will be signed in the presence of the mediator and the case will be withdrawn before the court in your presence. It will be a better option for you.
P. Venu (Expert) 07 August 2022
Why 'if'? Please post the real issue, if any.
SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Expert) 08 August 2022

Court may not refuse to accept the cheque against the loan amount. However court may insist for dd of the amount as per facts of your case.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query