Sale of apartment reg

This query is : Resolved 

08 July 2020


I am having an apartment and land in a prime area in Trivandrum.But the land is jointly owned by me and my brother .We pay land tax for it in our joint names The ground floor of the building is owned by my brother and 1st floor is owned by me.We pay building tax for this separately. The land is equally divided and the building stands in the joint land.Suppose I want to sell the first floor which I own .Will I want my brother's permission in writing for this.
Thanks in advance

N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimha (Expert)
08 July 2020

Show all the documents and other details you have to an Local Good Advocate and seek the Legal Opinion.

Hemant Agarwal (Expert)
08 July 2020

1. Since the Title-Ownership of Apartment & Land is in the Joint-Names, you will not be able to sell your non-demarcated & non-partitioned property to outsider party, without executing a mutual consent "Partition Deed".

2. However, you may sell your non-demarcated & non-partitioned property to Brother (joint title-owner), without executing any "Partition Deed", who as it is shall have the First Right to Refusal.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
08 July 2020

First, a Partition Deed shall be executed between you and your brother. Next, you have to sell your portion to a third person. If your brother is interested to take your portion also, then you relinquish your rights in favour of your brother.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
09 July 2020

Whether there is any documentary evidence that you are the owner of first floor of the premises? If so, show it to the buyer and sell it. Otherwise you will have to seek partition of the property.

Rajendra K Goyal (Expert)
09 July 2020

You can sell your undivided share in the property.

For selling particular portion partition is necessary.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x