New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


(Querist) 24 July 2009 This query is : Resolved 
we purchased a plot of land in kolkata in the year 1987. at that time the land was free from all encumberences.Several 6imes we tried to deposit land tax but on some pretext or other the authority did not accept the land tax.subsequently WB govt. notified/vested the entire land belonging to a Zamindar without earmarking the above land. The said Zamindar filed a suit agaist such notification and demanded adequate compensation from the State Govt. and filed a suit in the High court of cacutta.Nothing is known about the outcome, although several times we had visited the BLRO office.
Now we want to approach the RTI commissin for such hurdle caused to a Senior Citizen. We want to know the present status of the case and the stand taken by the State Government.
Also, I invite your suggestion in this regard.
A V Vishal (Expert) 24 July 2009
Dear Sen

It is not quite clear as to why the revenue has refused to receive the land tax even when you wanted to deposit it voluntary. The second part is a bit confusing about the land being vested to some zamindar, kindly provide the complete details since you are saying that your land is not earmarked in his land.

To know the present status of the case you can apply to the High court to know the status.

Further, my advise in this matter would be, prepare a demand draft of the land tax and send it by Registered Acknowledgement due to the concerned office and hold the acknowledgement with you. The action taken by the concerned department viz. will the draft be deposited or not presented by them will decide future course of action.
sumita sen (Querist) 24 July 2009
further to the above, the land in question was a part of Zamindar's land which he had sold/gifted in the year 1981. The state Govt had vested the entire land property of the Zamindar. As a result our land also syands vested,subsequentlu-a sub judice matter. The land is not trasfered in our name because authority refused to accept land tax
A V Vishal (Expert) 24 July 2009
Since the land is not registered due to the fact that the matter is sub judice, we will have to wait till the issue of the Zamindar's land is resolved, since, your land is also a part of the Zamindar's land.
Somnath mukherjee (Expert) 25 July 2009

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :