Right of way to our agriculture land.

This query is : Resolved 

20 December 2019

We have 50 cents ancestral land in village.
On west side of the property , there is a sc colony road. Remaining sides all are agriculture fields. On north side there is a walk way through neighbourhood farmers land. But there's no gentleman agreement for that way.
Now, from north side , neighborhood farmers are not allowing us to enter into our field.
From west side , there is a gramakantam cc road which belongs to sc colony allotted by government. They are also not allowing us from that cc road.
We are in dilemma.
Please suggest us how to get way to reach our land legally.

N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimha (Expert)
20 December 2019

File a Complaint to concerned Panchayat regarding this and they would do the needful

N.J.S.Rajkumar alias narasimha (Expert)
20 December 2019

Since all are your neighbors an amicable settlement would be the best remedy

kavksatyanarayana (Expert)
20 December 2019

Yes. try in an amicable way with the farmers and others. If you have the proof of your land, complain in the local body.

Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert)
20 December 2019

If you are continuously in use of the way since last many years without any objection of the neighbours then you get a legal right to use the same. You need to file a civil suit.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert)
22 December 2019

Right of easement can not be blocked, it is advisable to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts/ documents, professional guidance and proceeding.

sankar narayanan (Expert)
22 December 2019


T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert)
28 December 2019

Easement Act: The Right To Use Another's Property Legally. By default a property owners attains the right of way, the right to air or right to light, the right to build, the right to the uninterrupted flow of water. All these are known as the examples of a property owner's easement rights.
An easement is a right which the owner or occupier of certain land possesses, as such, for the beneficial enjoyment of that land, to do and continue to do something, or to prevent and continue to prevent something being done, in or upon, or in respect of, certain other land not his own.
An easement may be imposed by any one in the circumstances, and to the extent, in and to which he may transfer his interest in the heritage on which the liability is to be imposed
In real estate, "landlocked" refers to a property that has no direct access to a public street, so the only way on or off the property is to cross land owned by someone else. Usually, a landlocked property gains street access through a legal permission called an easement.
Therefore you can take proper legal steps to establish your rights for road access and ingress and egress facility.
You may consult a local advocate and proceed legally against the people who object to your rights and get reliefs through court

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x