LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Retirement township housing

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 22 May 2024 This query is : Resolved 
I had purchased villa at Retirement township for senior citizen and undergone an agreement for construction and another one for Maintenance and service.and occupied. But layout and township is not yet fully developed and service charges started. So I obtained the copy of approval from RERA through RTI. As per RTI, layout is approved only for plots sale under project name Retirement township.
Ministry of home and urban development guidelines is forwarded to RERA for implementation. But in approval copy of registration of layout there is nothing condition regarding construction, maintenance and service for developer.
Now who is the defaulter for misleading the Public.
Whether consumer court will solve and for Justice.
We senior citizens under roof of Retirement township without any amenities and cannot sell the property at this moment.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 22 May 2024
You can ask the RERA why they did not follow guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home and Urban Development using RTI. File a case against the builder for not completing the development of the township.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 22 May 2024
Retirement township is just a name of the layout plots developed into flat and it has nothing to do with the activities as the name suggests.
Such type of false advertisements luring the senior citizens are going on on a rampant in many towns across the country.
This is an unfair trade practice adopted by many greedy and notorious developers.
You can approach consumer commission with a complaint expressing your grievances seeking remedy and relief.
You should have obtained proper legal opinion before handing over the plots for development into villas or flats.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Expert) 23 May 2024
given fact prima-facie indicate that the matter qualifies for consumer court.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now