Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Residential site not allotted

(Querist) 22 January 2013 This query is : Resolved 
I had applied for residential site with a housing society (regd)in 2007 and paid full amount in 4 instalments upto 2008. The society called for applications for residential sites in a layout to be approved.

Till now no allotment of site has been made. Like me there are 100s of members waiting for allottment.

My question is how to get the site allotted or if I want to file suit in consumer forum, what is the procedure and what compensation I am likely going to get.

Please suggest me in detail.

ajay sethi (Expert) 22 January 2013
send reminders to society. if no reply issue legal notice to society . move consumer forum for deficency in service and for compensation . contact a local lawyer
R.Santha Moorthy (Expert) 23 January 2013
it depends on the nature of society. if it is a Govt. sponsored Housing Board, you may file a writ in the High Court. if it is a society registered under the Societies Act, then you can make a complaint to The Registrar of Societies and he would initiate an enquiry and if necessary the Societies Registrar has to lodge a criminal case against the secretary or president of the society for their misdeeds if any. Further action or allotment of the site would also follow on appointing a new executive committee for governing the society. if my advice not suits your facts of case, the advice of mr.ajay sethi would work.

M V Gupta (Expert) 24 January 2013
I agree with the experts.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :