LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Request for advice on development charges.

(Querist) 03 December 2018 This query is : Resolved 
It is intimated that the applicant is residing in Flat in Zirakpur (Punjab). It is brought to your kind notice that I have purchased the flat after getting loan from Punjab National Bank. The flat is registered in my name. After some days, I have to go to MC Office, Zirakpur to deposit water and sewerage connection charges but the MC authority has intimated that you have to pay development charges after paying development charges water and sewerage connection because the Builders have not paid any single money of Development Charges. I am helpless because builder is denying to deposit Development Charges. I am not understand this thing that I have purchase flat by legal opinion of the PNB House Finance Bank, then Bank has not checked MC charges paid by the Builder or not. Then what is meaning of legal opinion of PNB Housing Finance Banks after payment Rs. 11,000/- as legal opinion charges to the Bank.
What can I do in this matter. Some advocate has advised me to once deposit all charges in the MC and water and sewerage connection is registered in your name after paid them then file court case for recovery of deposited Development Charges.

Please Advise me.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 04 December 2018
@ Sunil Kumar,
As found from your profile you are a law student, seek guidance from your tutor.
Despite the fact this platform is meant to help needy litigants, you have posted same /similar questions earlier, some of them are :
Member Since : 09 May 2014 (Chandigarh )
asked a query in Experts Request for advise in banks's matter.
asked a query in Experts Regarding purchasing of plot.
asked a query in Experts Registry
asked a query in Experts Passing of map of residential house.
asked a query in Experts Request for giving advise.
asked a query in Experts Request for advice.
asked a query in Experts Request for suggestion regarding getting risk cover of pnb met life insurance policy.
asked a query in Experts Fraud by some unknown accused.
asked a query in Experts Request letter.
asked a query in Experts Fraud case.
Read more at:
Sunil Kumar (Querist) 04 December 2018
No, sir I am not a Law Student. I have to face difficulties because of no knowledge of law.
Please help.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 04 December 2018
Have you tranbsacted with developer in writing under proper acknolwedgment?
Has your LOCAL counsel drafted any communication/Notice/legal notice and you have sent same to Developer, of course under proper acknolwedgment?
GO thru the printed, published information by M/s PNB.
Usually the lender looks into perfect title.
Was M/s PNB to opine on payment of development charges?
If that was also covered in legal opinion for which you paid then you have a right per published material.
Also go thru details printed/published posted by Developer and check who was to pay charges.
Either you may pay and agitate later or press the builder to pay and get you connection from MC.
The LOCAL seasoned society members might have also updated you.
So what would you like to do, is to be decided by you?
Kumar Doab (Expert) 04 December 2018

You may take help for any matter from, elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, religious scholars/leaders, influential persons, Employee’s/Trade union leaders, help groups for spouses (Husband/wife) etc and find a very able LOCAL counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; RERA/Consumer/Civil matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you after examining all case related docs, inputs, evidences on record.
Obtain proper legal opinion in writing!
Avoid acting on your own on hearsay.
One should not fall for IT’s and entities loitering at online portals to allure unsuspecting querists. There are many threads on such instances at LCI also.
Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law.
There are such very able counsels at each location.
Check for such counsels at LOCAL; Consumer/Civil Courts, HC, SC,..
You can also try for FREE legal Aid from Legal aid center (DLSA) that is usually within LOCAL courts complex..preferably from a very able counsel specializing in Consumer/Civil matters.
Your counsels can advise after examining all docs/record/inputs pertaining to your matter and help you. You can also search threads on similar query in SEARCH option ON left Hand side of threads in Forum/Experts section. Having learnt a lesson, remember to consult beforehand for your matters or any matter about which you are not properly informed.

The FEE of all LOCAL counsels at all LOCATIONS is not high/unreasonable as mis-believed by many.
Many counsels even at State Capital/Metro towns do not demand unreasonable high FEE.
IT is rather at online portals that unsuspecting querists are mislead as per many publications, by IT’s and Entities that pose as some Lawyer (actually LIAR) and flaunt/advertise firms that are not Law Firms (Actually LIAR’s Firms) to believe that LOCAL counsels are not knowledgeable..are incompetent.
In Reality the LOCAL counsels win cases in LOCAL courts at all LOCATIONS.
You can go thru/search the cases contested by any Lawyer at court website.
If you are confident that you are well versed and can handle the matter on your own go ahead.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 04 December 2018

You may also go thru publications in your state like other states;
Haryana Builders Can Pay Development Charge Dues In Installments
September 27, 2018
and try by approaching authorities for quick solution.
Or proceed as suggested by a very able LOCAL counsel as already suggested.
If you are a student of law take help of very able LOCAL counsels
If you are not a student of law and not well versed/competent to handle such matters on your own, take help of very able LOCAL counsels
If you are confident that you are well versed and can handle the matter on your own, go ahead.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query