Rent agreement

Can we use revenue stamp of Rs. 10 on rent agreement (of 12 months) instead of non judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10 ?

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)

Rend agreement has to register by paying stamp duty and registration charges. Most of the states has started online registration for rent agreement.

Sachin KumarOnline (Querist)

@shirish sir,
The Rent agreement is of residential property and is of 12 months only. it need not be be registered.
it is simply to be made on non judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10.
I just want to ask can I use revenue stamp of Rs. 10 in place of non judicial stamp paper of Rs. 10 ?

sankar narayanan Online (Expert)

i do agree with expert Shirish ji points

No, Revenue stamp can't be used for execution of rent agreement.Rent agreement is to be executed on non judicial stamp paper.Rent agreement either for residential or commercial if it is executed for 11 months or less than 11 months than its registration is not compulsory else if it is more than 11 months it's registration is compulsory.

The rent Agreement for 12 months also is registered in many of our States. The Stamp duty shall be leviable on the Average annual rent according to the state concerned.

ashok kumar singhOnline (Expert)

agree with views of earlier expert
thanks

×