Regularising passport

Heard that Govt: of India Union Ministry is giving chance for those who holds more than one Indian Passports to surrender their all passports with a penalty of Rs.5000 and an Original new passport will be issues based on the new original documents and new Police Verification Report, is there any such amendments made in the Passport act ? or is there any such Order / Circular / Gazette notification from Govtl ? Kindly advice

ajay sethiOnline (Expert)

case can be registered against such person holding 2 passports under Section 12 of The Indian Passports Act 1967, which entails a five-year jail term and a penalty of Rs. 50,000.

not aware of any such scheme as mentioned by you

prabhakar singh (Expert)

Not heard of by me as you state.

Rakesh Pandita (Querist)

Sir, Plz refer the URL below, this news appeared in Times of India

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2001-07-23/hyderabad/27233583_1_passport-office-new-passport-sevala-naik

Hope this would be helpful for you to help me with base of this news. Thanks

Shonee KapoorOnline (Expert)

no clue buddy.

Check with local passport office.

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

×

IPC Grand Course     |    x