Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

registration of rent lease deed

we have rented shop and rent agreement defines that rent lease deed registration charges will be shared equally beteen the tenant and the landlord.
After we had taken the possession and started the operation the landlord is not coming forward to register the rent lease deed and in fact sent a notice to vacate the shop.

1.pl inform me what action we can take.

2.Is it possible for us to buy the stamp papers ourselves and keep it with us blank to avoid any penalty from registrar office at a later date.

s.subramanian (Expert)

you issue a reply notice and continue with your work in that place.if he disturbs your possession in any manner,you can approach the civil court seeking injunction against him restraining him from disturbing you till you are evicted by due process of law . you cannot purchase the stamp papers and keep them blank indefinitely. you can file suit for mandatory injunction also against him asking him to executed and register the rental deed.

S. Bharath (Expert)

First you face the notice to quit. Buying papers and keeping them serves no purpose. Consult your lawyer immediately; it appears that the matter may require immediate steps rather than discussing over lawyers' forums.

Rajeev kulshreshtha (Expert)

I agree with Mr. Subramanian.

Chanchal Nag Chowdhury (Expert)

File a suit for specific performance.

Thanks all of you.

I am looking for very senior civil advocate to file and fight our recovery cases in Haridwar and Noida.
Can any body recomend some worthy advocates.

Pl contact me at 98 990 14700

I need some good advocate at HARIDWAR for payment recovery cases and
At NOIDA for cheque bouncing cases.

Pl contact me at
98 990 14700

M/s. Y-not legal services (Expert)
05 December 2010

I agree with mr.subramanian 2. The rent agreement need not to be registered.. If you made before two witness persons mean thats enough

Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert)
05 December 2010

The rent agreement need not be registered if the period is less than 12 months.
You say that the rent agreement is not registered. but, you are not clear that the existence of a rent agreement, which is due for registration.

×

Civil Litigation Course     |    x