LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Redevelopment of old pagadi building without landlord

(Querist) 26 November 2020 This query is : Resolved 
We are staying in 70 years old dilapidated building in the Mumbai suburbs. The present landlord is officially neither on papers nor is interested in repair or redevelopment. We are 8 tenants of the building.

We want to initiate the process of forming the association and go for redevelopment on our own. Apart from CTS no. and online Property card we don't have any other building documents.

We have water bills, electricity bills, Aadhar, and ration cards.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 27 November 2020
You can make representation to authorities so that to enable the land lord accede for redevelopment.
Isaac Gabriel (Expert) 27 November 2020
You can make representation to authorities so that to enable the land lord accede for redevelopment or explore other possibilities.
krishna mohan (Expert) 27 November 2020
You can get details from local authorities on details of ownership. Without ownership documents development approval will be contested by owner. To avoid legal problem consult a local lawyer specialized on property maters for appreciation of facts and documents and guide you lawfully.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 27 November 2020
Local law applies, discuss in detail with local lawyer.
Hemant Agarwal (Expert) 27 November 2020
1. Any type of Redevelopment of "pagdi system property" can be done ONLY by Landlord or his Legal Heirs. Tenant/s (who are not classified as Owners) CANNOT conduct any type of redevelopment proceedings, whatsoever....

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 27 November 2020
First, form a Tenants Association with a minimum of seven (7) members and prepare bylaws of the Association and register it before the Registrar of Societies of your jurisdiction. Then you shall consult a local advocate for further process.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 28 November 2020
I agree with expert advise of Mr. Kavksatyanarayan.
Get an association registered and approach concerned Rent Controller for necessary permission.
It would be better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation & analyses of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.
P. Venu (Expert) 28 November 2020
In the absence of proper title, the 'pagdi' tenants or their association may not in a position to get the requisite permission/clearance of the property.

What is the nature of the landlord's title to the property?
Arvind Kumar (Querist) 28 November 2020
Thank you all for your reply. Considering the given fact what is the procedure to form an association?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now