LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Recovery of money

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 30 May 2023 This query is : Resolved 
I need your advice on filing a money recovery case against someone whose address I don't know. I only have their name and contact number. Can I take legal action without knowing their address?

I appreciate your help and expertise.
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate Online (Expert) 31 May 2023
you cannot file such a case without address of the respondent.
Advocate Bhartesh goyal (Expert) 31 May 2023
You can file civil suit for recovery against opposite party on basis of his last known address and later on service of summon can be made through paper publication.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 31 May 2023
Yes. Agree with the advice of the prudent expert Sri Bhartesh Goyal sir.
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 31 May 2023
I don't know any of his addresses but I have his active phone number and he is only ignoring my call and messages. so can I file or not?
Sudhir Kumar, Advocate Online (Expert) 01 June 2023
The views expressed by Mr Bhrtesh Goyal appear to be the only solution.

However even if you win a case against such persons still how the judgement will be executed.
P. Venu (Expert) 02 June 2023
You may, first of all, try to serve a legal Notice through the WhatsApp if he is having the facility.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 03 June 2023
It will not be possible for you to institute a civil suit for recovery of money against the person whose address is not known.
Therefore you can lodge a criminal complaint for the offences of breach of trust and cheating against the person and give his phone number to the police, they will trace him and bring him to police station where you can get his address and other details.
After that you can file the money recovery suit
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 08 June 2023
thankyou T.kalaiselvan advocate for the advice I needed this kind o answer as my solution which I can execute.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now