Receiving letter from previous employer legal department

This query is : Resolved 

15 September 2018

Dear Sir,
I am Tapas Paul, on today I received a letter from company legal dept. against I has been violated company policy and for this they demanding 75000 rupees me. Whenever I accept the offer letter from company, I signed a contractual bond for serving with company for two years. But after completing the 10 months I was leave the job with knocking the notice period of one month. I was decided to leave the company because my senior was not supportable, he pressured me to complete my monthly target and also the support system was not good of the company and for the reason I was decided to leave from the company. I also described my issues and problems to my senior manager and then he was suggested me to sent a mail with mention the date of my last working day. After then I received a mail from company for complete my exit formalities and also I fulfilled this. Now the situation today I received a notice from company legal dept. against whenever I was leave my job before the bonding period, I am bound to pay of rupees 75000 to company. They was given 15 days to me for pay the amount otherwise they take legal action against me. So on this situation what can I do please help.

Siddharth JainOnline (Expert)
15 September 2018

You should give a befitting reply through an advocate stating such bonds are not valid as per the provisions of the Indian Contract Act and cannot be enforced in any Court of law.

For any other queries feel free to contact me at

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
15 September 2018

You had accepted the terms and conditions of your service which included the condition of serving the company at least for 2 years failing which you shall have to pay the amount.
No escape.

Vijay Raj MahajanOnline (Expert)
15 September 2018

The companies do serve legal notice to irritant workers or co-workers but hardly move civil court for recovery of dues which are in thousands because recovery of sum of Rs75000/- will cost more than that amount through civil court in India with no guarantee that it will be recovered.
Just reply back legal notice with help of lawyer and sit quietly.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x