Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Quashing of FIR - Pending Status

(Querist) 08 February 2011 This query is : Resolved 
Through the intervention of the High Court, the police filed a FIR in a property grabbing case and the charge sheet is yet to be filed.In the meanwhile,the accused submitted a Crl.O.P. in the High Court, Madras seeking to quash the FIR on flimsy ground quoting that the date of incident and date of FIR conflicting. The petition is pending in the High Court for more than 6 months. Can I, the defacto complainant pursue the matter in the High Court and request the honourable court for speedy disposal of the Crl. O. P ? What is the procedure to request the honourable court to take up the case ? When I requested my lawyer to file Notice for Motion , he said that since the petition was filed by the accused, we have no word to say in the matter. What is the way out ?
DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (Expert) 08 February 2011
Your lawyer is correct. You can persue matter is lower court if you really have a case.
Ajay Bansal (Expert) 08 February 2011
You can file a CRM in High Court for speedt disposal of Crl.O.P. of accused.
Amit Minocha (Expert) 08 February 2011
seek early disposal of the CRL OP
Uma parameswaran (Expert) 09 February 2011
Mistake in the date may be the typing error. May be the procedure is different in different state to bring the case before the Court. You can enquire about it in the Criminal section.
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 09 February 2011
The defacto complainant can file a implead petition in the CrlOP and seek for dismissing the quash petition.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query