Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Quashing fir

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 10 February 2021 This query is : Resolved 
I and my parents have been falsely accused under 5 charges based on complaint by one of my family member . She did this to hamper my career as i am studying and in final year of graduation . Police saying that chargesheet has been submitted but i doubt whether they did fair investigation. Can i apply for quashing of the fir at honourable Calcutta HC please help me
Advocate Bhartesh goyal Online (Expert) 10 February 2021
FIR can not be quashed on general , imaginary and hypothetical grounds.there must be some solid grounds for quashing FIR
P. Venu (Expert) 10 February 2021
FIR/charge-sheet could be got quashed by the High Court only under exceptional circumstances i.e. charge-sheet, taken as a whole and accepted at its entirety does not disclose/substantiate the offence, as alleged.
Dr J C Vashista Online (Expert) 11 February 2021
Do you have adequate evidence to prove that the complaint/ FIR lodged and inquiry conducted is totally false, baseless and sham ?
If so, move to High Court of jurisdiction (where FIR case is pending) for quashing.
Consult your lawyer if it is a true story.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query