Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora

Quashing fir

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 10 February 2021 This query is : Resolved 
I and my parents have been falsely accused under 5 charges based on complaint by one of my family member . She did this to hamper my career as i am studying and in final year of graduation . Police saying that chargesheet has been submitted but i doubt whether they did fair investigation. Can i apply for quashing of the fir at honourable Calcutta HC please help me
Advocate Bhartesh goyal Online (Expert) 10 February 2021
FIR can not be quashed on general , imaginary and hypothetical grounds.there must be some solid grounds for quashing FIR
P. Venu (Expert) 10 February 2021
FIR/charge-sheet could be got quashed by the High Court only under exceptional circumstances i.e. charge-sheet, taken as a whole and accepted at its entirety does not disclose/substantiate the offence, as alleged.
Dr J C Vashista Online (Expert) 11 February 2021
Do you have adequate evidence to prove that the complaint/ FIR lodged and inquiry conducted is totally false, baseless and sham ?
If so, move to High Court of jurisdiction (where FIR case is pending) for quashing.
Consult your lawyer if it is a true story.