Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Providing money to wife

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
18 June 2021

Hi there,

I have a query on whether a working husband should provide money or some money to their wife even after providing all household necessities and her personal necessities..?
Is there any such law. My wife demands me 4k every month to be given to her apart from providing all her personal needs. She always tells that there is law that wife has legal authority to take some percent of money from husband every month and her demand is becoming a hectic to me.

Still shd I be giving it or not 8f somebody can help me understand what law says please.


SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)
18 June 2021


Husband has to incur domestic expenses and also pay for her food shelter and daily needs. There is no law to provide money to the wife. As per query wife is demanding money for personal necessities you have to pay for it.

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
18 June 2021

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your reply..

I provide all domestic facility to her along with whatever she ask for her personal necessities like clothing, medical, jewellery or any Earles or wearing which is basically kind of online shopping that she does.

But apart from this if she asks any money after fulfilling her wants am I liable to still give the money, does law says this anywhere. The law says to provide basic necessities if husband does not provide then its against law.. the money that my wife is demanding is all miscellaneous expense.

Please help sir..

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
18 June 2021

There is no such law. It is the responsibility of a husband to give shelter (roti, kapada, aur makan) and domestic expenses. You are providing all as stated by you. Main it is an issue between wife and husband, so amicably settle.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)
20 June 2021

The wife is acting on some ill advise by some unscrupulous people on this subject.
If you have taken proper care of her by providing all the facilities and basic amenities and if there is no complaint about your care on her then she cannot claim money besides, as a right.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
22 June 2021

Law should not take place between husband and wife, sort out your problem amicably.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x