LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Property issue

(Querist) 09 June 2024 This query is : Resolved 
Some 15 Years back due to some reasons. Lot of my thing become viral and I become jack off all the bad things. My parent was also become the victim.
To avoid the criticism from people, my mother gave a notice in the news paper that she disowned me.
Now my parents are dead and we are 3 brother's.
Does it me that, I cannot take share of my Property now.
Property was originally bought by my grandfather. My father inherit it and gifted it to my mother.
And all the money in her accounts

Before my mother's death, I was the only Son who was living with for 3 year and not my other 2 brother's.
Since childhood, I was more close to my mother then my other 2 brother's.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 09 June 2024
You are entitled for a share out of the property left behind by your mother on her intestate death as a right.
You can get it by filing a recovery suit against your brothers
Chris Hunt (Querist) 09 June 2024
Does that notice in the paper has any value., specially if it is written such circumstances as I mentioned.
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 09 June 2024
You shall file a case for your share with your brothers equally. Consult a local advocate.
P. Venu (Expert) 11 June 2024
Yes, the so-called notice published in the newspaper has no existence in the eye of the law. on the mother's demise all her properties left intestate has devolved upon you jointly with all the legal heirs.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now