Property dispute on pagadi property.

Hello this is Naved. My late father was a tenant in a Pagadi system property since 1974. At the same property my father's Jija ji was staying (1974) as we helped him to stay because he was jobless and we provided him Job at our shop and his family as temporary accommodation. Later my father moved to my grandmother place as she was for continuing business , He was still staying there as being our relative. Now he is not leaving the property, he is saying that it is his property, he also made Ration Card, Electricity bill on his name, passport and aadhar card. We had filed a police complain against him. My question is what legal action can be taken, can he sell or sub lease the property or keep any of his friend and relative. Also can I also go and stay there ? Please advice

KISHAN DUTT RETD JUDGEOnline (Expert)

Dear Sir
He is on permissive possession so he cannot claim any right over such property.

Naved KhanOnline (Querist)

Thank you for the reply, what legal action can i take and also can I go and stay there along with him or should I have to first vacate him.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)

You can issue a legal notice instructing him to vacate the premises.
Make sure that the rental agreement and rental receipts are still on your father's name only.
On that basis your father can even file a suit for ejection to eject him from the property in which he is squatting unauthorisedly or illegally.

ashok kumar singhOnline (Expert)

agreed with views of earlier experts, therefore no further comments, so far.
thanks

Your father have to issue quit notice to your relative and if he does not respond then file eviction suit against him.

The query has already been replied properly.
Repetition of same query is absurd and ridiculous, however it shall not change the opinion and advise of experts.

You have already posted same query at

Naved Khan posted a new topic in forum
Property dispute posted a new topic in forum
Property dispute asked a query in Experts
Property dispute on pagadi property.
More

×

Muslim Personal Law     |    x