25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Power of attorney

(Querist) 04 April 2012 This query is : Resolved 
I am NRI and lives in Canada. I owe some Agricultural Land and Flats in India ( Maharashtra) My all relatives are Nri and owns property there. We want to transfer our assects to my Sons name who is Canadian as well as Indian. How we can transfer properties on his name without going to India? Can we issue POA to our friend who is a Canadian Citizen and register these POA with Indian Counsulate here? What are the powers of Indian Counsulate?

Thanks for your valuable advoice
ajay sethi (Expert) 04 April 2012
you can have power of attorny attested before indian consulate but registartion ahas to be done in india of POA .

similarly flats which are to be gifted agreement will have to be regsitered in maharashtra
Sankaranarayanan (Expert) 04 April 2012
Mr sethi is the right person and he aware all details about mahrestra state law
ESTHERPRIYA (Expert) 05 April 2012
You can give POA in favour of some confidant person in India or to an advocate who can make deed in favour of your son by way of a Settlement Deed. Such settlement Deed will be signed only by the Settlor that is you alone and it requires only minimum amount of costs involved therein. In case of POA it also requires adjudication proceed to be completed in the local jurisdictional office sub registrar office then alone it will be a good document to carry out settlement deed. Moreover the draft is very essential and it should be clearly stated well about it.
Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 05 April 2012
You can execute WILL in favour of your son at Canada. which involve very nominal cost.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query