LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Please help...

(Querist) 27 August 2009 This query is : Resolved 

I am working as an HR in an I.T company and we have the probation period of 6 months in my organization, after the completion of six months by checking the individuals performance we give them the confirmation letter.

Now, i would like to know that as per the laws can we convert an employee from confirmation to probation period due to his poor performance again.

Please guide me...

Waiting for a positive revert.

A V Vishal (Expert) 27 August 2009
No you cannot
Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Expert) 27 August 2009
After confermation you can not put him in probation. you have to opt other methods to correct or punish him.
A. A. JOSE (Expert) 27 August 2009
You cannot put him in probation again after he has been confirmed please.
n.k.sarin (Expert) 27 August 2009
you cannot convert a employee from confirmation to probation, but you can extend the probation period due to poor performance of employee before confirmation giving him one more opportunity.
Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert) 27 August 2009
due to d poor performance again ?
how dey confirm u?
& if u confirmed dn probatn period not come again.
past not come again.
Adinath@Avinash Patil (Expert) 27 August 2009
After confimation letter you can't convert him probation.But there are some other methods you can give him show cause notice regarding his poor ferformance etc.
Bhumik Dave (Expert) 27 August 2009
You can't
charudureja (Expert) 28 August 2009
Once a person has been confirmed his position can not be altered, this will thn be called whim of the management and there will be chaos. so if a person is giving poor perfromance u can either warn him or may no give increase as per ur company's policies but certainly u cannot alter the status.
Renu Blagun (Querist) 30 August 2009
Dear All,

Thsnks for your feedbacks,can you please suggest me some other ways except issuing a warning letter.
A V Vishal (Expert) 30 August 2009
While entering into an agreement of employment with the person certain clauses relating to poor or non performance of tasks allocated to the employee must have been included, refer these clauses and inform him highlighting the poor quality and non delivery of the tasks given and give him a chance to correct before taking any steps further which may include removal. No steps can be initiated without serving him due notice else it may lead to legal problems.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query