Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Permanent alimony

(Querist) 16 July 2017 This query is : Resolved 
sir high court of odisha had given judgement of rs- 25 lakhs on 28 july 2016 and ordered me to pay as permanent alimony to my divorced wife within 2 months of the judgement. but i had filed Review petition on the same high court on 29 august 2016 against the order but until now my case is in pending stage, and my lawyer had not taken stay order on the judgement. now my wife had filed E.P on the family court to me to deposit rs- 25 lakhs and the judge had send me notice, my lawyer had appeared and judge said lawyer that i have to deposit money. what to do sir please help me. can i get stay order from high court so that family court will not entertain on the matter.give me idea.i had changed lawyer now.can family court will issue warrant and arrest me. family judge said review petition filing is not the matter to escape. can i get stay order and can i file case in the high court in newly or i have to put up the review petition to come for judgement. please help me bcuz am unable to pay rs-25 lakhs and i want to move to supreme court. give me the way pleae.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 16 July 2017
Try to get stay from High Court / if not granted prey the court to keep the deposited money till decision of the review petition.
Narsing Sahu (Querist) 17 July 2017
am unable to pay the alimony of rs- 25 lakhs and i had filed review petition in the same high court but not taken stay order. can i get the stay order now from the high court so that family court will not send me notice. can family court will agree after seeing the review petition which i had high court against the judgement order. can i get stay order now against the judgement order which was given on 28 july 2016. please help me. how can i get stay order. i want to file in the supreme court against the judgement. tell me when i can be able to file in supreme court. and how can i get relief from the family court. i had not deposited money in the family court because am unable to pay. can family court will issue a warrant and arrest me. tell me what to do.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 17 July 2017
1. Discuss with your new lawyer who is better equipped with concerned information.
2. There is no stay on the order passed by family court, hence the court is right in admitting the EP, you should request your lawyer to file objections in the execution to avoid attachment of property and arrest.
3. Review petition is bound to be dismissed.
4. You had the only option to move in appeal before appellate court.
Narsing Sahu (Querist) 17 July 2017
judgement was given by high court on 28 july 2016 to give rs-25 lakhs to my wife as alimony i filed review petition in same high court. now family court send me EP to deposit money. can i get stay order from high court now tell me sir. bcuz am unable to pay money and want to fight the case . can i get stay order and can i appeal in the high court again for the judgement bcuz my review petition which i had filed is now also in pending. how can i move for supreme court.
Narsing Sahu (Querist) 17 July 2017
give me the right way sir bcuz family court had again told my lawyer to appear on 21 july 2017 and what to do i want advice sir please tell me how to get stay order from high court and what to do so that i can move to supreme court
Ms.Usha Kapoor (Expert) 30 July 2017
Get stay order o0f fami8ly court judgment i8n High court till the disposal of review petition. Tell yo0ur Advocate to file objections in EP top avoid arrest and attachment o property..Family court has power to issue arrest warrant to bring you before th e court and deposit The money..Your review petition may get dismissed. Your only recourse would be to knock on the doors of Supreme court.If you appreciate this answer please click th e like button.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query