LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pending taxes

(Querist) 07 January 2013 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Team,

My brother and myself owned a property in chennai in our name.
Due to some financial difficulties, we have some thousands due for Property taxes.
Metro water completely paid.
We partitioned the property in the year 2010. Now my brother is showing No interest in paying the dues.
I raised partition wall. each one is having shop(let out)in ground floor of this house.
Kindly advise how to resolve; Corporation tax collected asking us whether to attach the rent for both of them for recovery.
ajay sethi (Expert) 07 January 2013
pay the complete property tAXES and issue notice to recover money from your brother .
V R SHROFF (Expert) 07 January 2013
u need to engage local lawyer to do needful. Tax must be paid first & recover with interest.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 07 January 2013
Tax claimed is joint treating as if the property is having one unit. It is better to make representation to the municipality to allot two separate units and in future claim taxes accordingly. so far as past taxes are concerned, resolve it mutually or do as already advised by ajay.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query