Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Patta transfer is mandatory after buying a property

This query is : Resolved 

Online (Querist)
29 July 2017

Respected Peers,

Is it mandatory to transfer the Patta to my name, after buying that property / registering the property in my name. Or registration sale deed is enough for further any future reference? Please be requested to be clarified.

Ms.Usha KapoorOnline (Expert)
29 July 2017

Its better to hive patta transfer in your name for mutation purpose apart from sale deed.

Ms.Usha KapoorOnline (Expert)
29 July 2017

If you appreciate my above answer please click like button.

Ms.Usha KapoorOnline (Expert)
29 July 2017

Thanks in charge/ADMINISTRATOR are not letting me answer more than 4 open/unattended queries. A message gets displayed that "Sorry the query thread doesn't exist.Mr. Kumar Doab please help me in this regard.

Guest (Expert)
29 July 2017

Patta is an legal document issued by the government which stresses the legal ownership of the property land/plot to whom it is issued please

Kumar Doab (Expert)
29 July 2017

Subsequent to registration of sale deed updation in local mutation records be preferred....................for current status of title......

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
29 July 2017

Refer the rules under which patta was issued.

Which state you belong?

Local law / rules applicable, consult local lawyer.

may proceed to get mutation entered, concerned authority may guide.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
29 July 2017

I fully agree and appreciate expert advise of Mr. Rajendra K Goyal and Mr. Kumar Doab.
However, mutation of the property do not confer title of the property purchased, where as it is compulsory (not mandatory) to get it mutated.

Kumar Doab (Expert)
29 July 2017

Thanks for agreeing Dr.J.C.Vashista.

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
29 July 2017

Apply to the Tahsildar concerned with copy of registered document and pursue the matter till the mutation is It will take time some time. In recent days, online mutation is being done in most of States. though it will take time. so pursue the matter till get the mutation.

Kumar Doab (Expert)
30 July 2017

As clarified by Dr.J.C.Vashista since it is compulsory get the mutation done......

Ms.Usha KapoorOnline (Expert)
29 June 2018

I Agree with experts

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Civil Litigation Course     |    x