Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Patta transfer is mandatory after buying a property

Respected Peers,

Pranam!
Is it mandatory to transfer the Patta to my name, after buying that property / registering the property in my name. Or registration sale deed is enough for further any future reference? Please be requested to be clarified.
Krishnan.

Ms.Usha KapoorOnline (Expert)

Its better to hive patta transfer in your name for mutation purpose apart from sale deed.

Ms.Usha KapoorOnline (Expert)

If you appreciate my above answer please click like button.

Ms.Usha KapoorOnline (Expert)

Thanks in charge/ADMINISTRATOR are not letting me answer more than 4 open/unattended queries. A message gets displayed that "Sorry the query thread doesn't exist.Mr. Kumar Doab please help me in this regard.

Patta is an legal document issued by the government which stresses the legal ownership of the property land/plot to whom it is issued please

Kumar Doab (Expert)

Subsequent to registration of sale deed updation in local mutation records be preferred....................for current status of title......

Refer the rules under which patta was issued.

Which state you belong?

Local law / rules applicable, consult local lawyer.

may proceed to get mutation entered, concerned authority may guide.

I fully agree and appreciate expert advise of Mr. Rajendra K Goyal and Mr. Kumar Doab.
However, mutation of the property do not confer title of the property purchased, where as it is compulsory (not mandatory) to get it mutated.

Kumar Doab (Expert)

Thanks for agreeing Dr.J.C.Vashista.

Apply to the Tahsildar concerned with copy of registered document and pursue the matter till the mutation is It will take time some time. In recent days, online mutation is being done in most of States. though it will take time. so pursue the matter till get the mutation.

Kumar Doab (Expert)

As clarified by Dr.J.C.Vashista since it is compulsory get the mutation done......

Ms.Usha KapoorOnline (Expert)

I Agree with experts

×

Civil Litigation Course     |    x