Parking in society, mumbai

Hi

I need some guidance on the parking issue in society in Mumbai.

I have bought a flat in Mumbai along with Open Parking. This is a second sale i.e. I have bought from the original buyer who bought from the builder.

I have the following information about the parking :

1. The original owner bought the open parking - marked area in plan with serial/slot number
2. The original owner bought the parking along with the flat purchase. All documents are in place.
3. The parking sale was registered.
4. This transaction happened with the builder before the society was formed.

I want to understand on what parking access I am going to get as there is a confusion with the understanding on the new law.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sandip

ajay sethiOnline (Expert)

builder has no power to sell open parking slots . it forms part of common area . the power to allot car aprking slots lies with society .

society is not bound to allot the car aprking slot bought by you from seller . in case slots are less and members more allotment is to be done by drawing of lots

Sandip Sengupta (Querist)

Thanks Ajay.

I wanted to know what now happens to all the parking slot sold by builders before the law came out ? What happens to the money already paid as I believe this is a new law.

ajay sethiOnline (Expert)

ask refund from builder if society seeks to cancel allotments made by builder . if society has transferred flat with parking space you are safe

Shonee KapoorOnline (Expert)

Ask for refund, issue notice.

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

prabhakar singh (Expert)

Aptly advised.

×