Neighbours harassment

This query is : Resolved 

Querist : Anonymous (Querist)
07 March 2021

Respected Sirs/ Madams

I am 68 year NRI having a flat in a building where there are only 8 flats. I had bought a flat directly from builders 23 years ago. During that time I did not buy a parking area. After 7 years builders died. Most of the flat buyers were inverters. Unfortunately, I never had any opportunities to meet them.
All flat owners agreement of sale (flat purchase documents) were left in custody of Haveli, Pune. Between 2006 and 2008, almost all flat owners lost their documents either partially or fully in Haveli. One person ( name changed) Mr. A. Rampal ) bought 5 flats at very cheap rate. He made new documents, notarized them and sold them with parking area to 2 buyers who paid 1 – 2 lacks more. There is no evidence that previous flat owners had bought parking area from builders.

My husband had a meeting with few flat owners, who were present in year 2008. Mutually, each got parking area. Until Sep 2019 my name and flat number was on the parking area. Someone from the society got the parking walls painted and my name was erased.

Past years, except myself nobody took any interest in forming Apartment ownership act.

My next door neighbor, ( name changed) Mr. S. R. made things worst for the society by:
1. convincing 5 flat owners to form a” registered society” instead forming apartment ownership act.” So far the society is not formed.
2. causing hindrances in getting corporation water. 2 years ago he took illegal connection from a neighboring society. Mysteriously, corporation water is not available to all.
3. I had given my flat on rent but a female tenant fled within a month. And other female tenant complained of harassment from Mr. S. R.
4. The building and compound area was in a very poor state. I took the trouble to improve them against the wish of Mr. S. R.

I want to sell my flat but Mr. S. R tells lies. He easily convinces the clients who come not to buy my flat. He says: I do not wish you to get fooled. She ( Kumari) does not have proper documents ( my original documents are complete) ; she has leakage problem ( which was solved); she has no parking area; she does not pay her maintenance (Not true) ; the society is not formed; building does not have corporation water. Do not buy her flat!

2 days ago I went to a police station and lodged a complain against him. What else should I do?

kavksatyanarayanaOnline (Expert)
07 March 2021

Complain to RERA authorities of Maharashtra. You can lodge a complaint online. If you post, send it by RP.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900Online (Expert)
08 March 2021


You already filed complaint with police. I will suggest you to discuss with your neighbour and resolve all your dispute.

P. Venu Online (Expert)
09 March 2021

No meaningful suggestion is possible unless the documents are perused and facts ascertained.

Dr J C VashistaOnline (Expert)
10 March 2021

Be precise and specific for cosideration and obligation of experts.
It is advisable to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of fact/documents, professional guidance and necessary proceeding.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x