25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Name change in old property documents

(Querist) 16 August 2018 This query is : Resolved 
Good Day Experts,
Myself Kamal Triloksingh settled in Virar Maharashtra for the last 30 years. All my documents, house etc. are in the same name.

However my parents had named me Kunwarjit and the 'Kisan bahi' in my village(Pauri Garhwal) bear the name 'Kunwarjit'.

I now wish to return to my village. Kindly advise what should be done to change the name in 'Kisan bahi', because when I submitted my aadhar etc. there was great confusion. There are no issues from my brothers, relatives etc., only the different name is creating issues.

Thanks for reading my question.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 17 August 2018
The documented name shall be considered for all purposes.
Kamal (Querist) 17 August 2018
Thanks Dr.Vashista. Do I have to submit any kind of affidavit to declare that the 'old' Kunwarjit and Kamal are the same person.
P. Venu (Expert) 17 August 2018
The discrepancy could be explained through an affidavit.
Kamal (Querist) 17 August 2018
Thanks P.Venu ji.
The feedback given by the experts was to the point and viable.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query