LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Name change

(Querist) 08 November 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Dear Sir,
My daughter's divorce is finalised. She now wants to change her name. What is the procedure to be followed?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 08 November 2021
Get your daughter's name to be published in the Gazette. Consult in Tahsildar Office. There is an Annexure-I to be filled in by your daughter, and it should be submitted through the Tahsildar concerned for Gazette notification.
BRIGADIER RM SHARMA (Querist) 09 November 2021
Thanks a lot.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 11 November 2021
She may get an affidavit sworn, get it published in 2 newspapers (one in national English and another local) and gazette published for her new name.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query