LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mutation of agricultural land without chain deeds...

(Querist) 08 July 2014 This query is : Resolved 
Respected Sir/Madam,

Please help in the following matter…
My grandmother gifted me some agricultural land in 2010 via a registered gift deed. Till date I was busy in completing my education. In the meantime, my grandmother died on 26/09/2013 and at present I am trying to get the agricultural land mutated in my name.

My grandmother purchased the plot via a registered sale deed dated 1959. I did the searching for that plot and found that my grandmother’s name is not recorded in there. At present I have only two deeds, one of my grandmothers’ (where my grandmother is the purchaser) and the second one is mine (where I am the receiver). I do not have the other chain deeds.

After consulting with several other senior relatives of mine (who are similar to the age of my grandmother and were present at that time), I came to know that my grandmother did not take the original deed from the previous owner and hence the son’s of that previous owner mutated the agricultural land in their respective names with the help of their father’s deed.

After the purchase, my grandmother (through her workers) was cultivating that particular land till date and at present I am in control of that agricultural land.

Hence, please advise me that being in control of the land how to get my name mutated/recorded.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 08 July 2014
The available deeds are more than sufficient to mutate the land in your name.
Raj Kumar Makkad (Expert) 10 July 2014
You need to file a civil suit with the help of local lawyer seeking setting aside the illegal mutation entered by the sons of the seller of your grand-mother and further seek your ownership by way of gift deed and further seeking direction to the revenue authorities to enter mutation in your name.
arunprakaash.m. (Expert) 07 August 2014
Parent deed not necessary for Mutation Entry. Still you can get certified copies from the Sub Registrar of assurances having jurisdiction.

Mutation entry does not confer title to the property

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query