Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Marriage with foreign girl

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 26 October 2011 This query is : Resolved 
my son want to marry with American girl
he is on work visa kindly guide me for process to perform marriage in India as per Hindu custom,is she required to convert to Hindu before marriage
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 26 October 2011
No under Special Marriage Act the marriage may be registered provided your son is still an Indian citizen.
ajay sethi (Expert) 26 October 2011
yes get married under special marriage act
Shailesh Kr. Shah (Expert) 26 October 2011
I agree with both experts.
Shonee Kapoor (Expert) 26 October 2011
If you want it to be a Hindu Marriage, yes conversion is a must.


Shoneee Kapoor
prabhakar singh (Expert) 26 October 2011
If religion is not desired to be changed then marriage may be solemnization may take place under Special marriage Act;but if desired to be performed according to hindu custom and rituals then change would be required and in that case marriage under Aaryasamaj would be a better way.
I Agree with all members

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query