Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Marriage under special marriage act

(Querist) 03 August 2018 This query is : Resolved 
Agar ladka ladki dono hindu hai aur shadi karna chahte hain par dono ka relationship sapinda relationship me hai to agar ladka apna relegion hindu se Christian me change kar leta hai tab to ladka ladki shadi kar sakte hain na special marriage act ke tahat...plzz tell me.

Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 04 August 2018
Academic query must be put to your tutor.
Vijay Raj Mahajan (Expert) 04 August 2018
For marriage under the Special Marriage Act,1954 no change of religion required as it is civil marriage not religious marriage. Two people of same religion can marry under the Act of 1954.
The Spindas under the Hindu Marriage Act,1955 may not be within the degree of prohibition relationship under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Th first Schedule of the Act available in the end of the Special Marriage Act,1954 and check if the parties are within the degree of prohibition relationship or not. If they are not covered under that relationship, they can lawfully marry under the Act.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :