25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Marriage certificate

(Querist) 19 September 2013 This query is : Resolved 

I got married in 2012 september in a church at Kerala . Thereafter the church issued us a certificate. We went to the marriage registration office in kottyam (same place where we got married) and submitted the certificate along with the marriage registration form.

I have yet not received my certificate i have the receipt number of the submission of marriage certificate form . Can someone please provide a site wherein i can check the status of my certificate

Thank you
V R SHROFF (Expert) 19 September 2013
Personally go & demand MC ., or reason for delay with any rectification they observed.
rohini (Querist) 20 September 2013
thank you sir for your spontaneous reply.In case of any issue can i apply for a new certificate now. just compeleted 1 year of my marriage
V R SHROFF (Expert) 20 September 2013
u r welcome
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 20 September 2013
You can rectify any discrepancy in your old application, no need to submit fresh.
P. Venu (Expert) 20 September 2013
In Kerala, registration of marriage has been made compulsory in compliance with the directions with the directions of the Supreme Court in Seema vs. Aswhini Kumar. The registration is governed by the Kerala Registration of Marriages (Common)Rules, 2008. The marriage is to be registered with the Registrar of Births & Deaths at the local Municipality or the Panchayat.

The registration is carried out within one week of the the parties filing the requisite memorandum and appearing before the Registrar; in case of registration is refused, the Registrar is required to inform the parties with reasons for the same. As such, in the absence any communication of refusal, the marriage is already registered.

However, the marriage certificate is furnished only when applied for the same with the requisite fee.

Thus, the marriage is already registered. The queriest can obtain the certificate on payment of the fees, as prescribed.
Rajendra K Goyal (Expert) 20 September 2013
very well advised in reference to the law applicable in Kerala. Nothing more to add.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query