LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lok adalat award-change of circumstances

(Querist) 24 August 2009 This query is : Resolved 
hello sir/madam
i am a medical practitioner and me and my wife got divorce by lokadalat.we had a female child at the time of award aged 9 years[now 13 years].My wife taken the guardianship of the child by lok adalat award.Afterwards,the child due to ill treatment of her and second husband,escaped from thier custody and reached me[through police].since then i am keeping the child with me and looking after her education and all.My es wife know all this and she now and then visits the child.The child is safe and happy with me.After 4 years from date of lokadalat award,my ex wife filed an EP against me for keeping the child against the award.My child dont want to go with her mother and wish to stay with me.I aapeared for EP AND MENTIONED THE CHANGED CIRCUMSTANCES.But the hounourable court told me to follow the award or i will be sent to civil prision.The orders of the honourable court is awaiting.But i want to protect my child.What can i do to avoid this?
Y V Vishweshwar Rao (Expert) 24 August 2009
Now there are changed Circumstances after the Award - !!!

I think - in the Child Custody matters - the rule of Resjudicate- or - the point that matter is already decided - can not be pressed - as it is the Welfare of the Child !!!

As per Sec 6 of the Hindu Minority and Guradianship Act 1956 - you - natural father is the natural Guardian ( mother ordinarly entitled to keep the child up to 5 years age only )

In View of the facts mentioned in your Query - you may file a petition for Declarign you as Natural Guardian of the Child and your are entitled to take custody, & look after the Welfare of the Child .

You have to mention all the facts including the Loak Adalth proceeedigns/Award and Changed Circumstances after the Loak Adalath Award . Child Welfatre and Child Desire to stay with you , and the problems to child at Mother House !
Adinath@Avinash Patil (Expert) 24 August 2009
you may file petition for declaration as adviced by y.v. Rao.Mr. Rao is right.
Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert) 24 August 2009
u have any written paper by police when u take custody of yr daughter ?
if yes dn yr part is very strong.
SEE-manju gupta v/s national insurance co. ltd.1994 acj 1036 all

VIKAS RAJ CHHAJER (Expert) 25 August 2009
Please i don't want to advice as there is strike in our district so please pray for us that our high court may not broke and we may live unitedly.

For your matter i will respond but after few days.

Vikas Raj Chhajer
Somnath mukherjee (Expert) 25 August 2009
You may file a custody case according to hindu minority and guardianship act

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :