LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Live in relationship

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 31 March 2024 This query is : Resolved 
I am a 34 year old unmarried woman currently living with my parents. I have a government job and have been supporting my parents financially since 14 years. I have a boyfriend who is married but is living separately from his wife since 8 years. She had already filed various cases against him such as maintenance, adultery, bigamy, section 9 and domestic violence. Except section 9, all cases are closed and he has filed for appeal in domestic violence. I want to know whether my boyfriend and i can live together in a live-in relationship. Can his wife or my parents take action against us? My parents have all my documents such as pan card, aadhar card, voter id, passport, lc, marksheets etc. I want my documents but they will not give them without a fight. How can i get help for this?
kavksatyanarayana (Expert) 31 March 2024
Married man having an extra marital affair or maintaining live in relation with another lady is a moral wrong and not a legal wrong so no legal action against him for that sort of thing. However, wife may file domestic violence on the base of it or may proceed for divorce on iota ground.
T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Expert) 31 March 2024
There is no legal action maintainable by his wife or her parents in case you are living with him in a relationship without marrying him.
She may file a divorce case on the grounds of adultery, if proved then the court may grant divorce but for that she has to withdraw the restitution of conjugal rights case.
As far as your documents/certificates you may have to get it back from your parents by any cost because they may even destroy them to avenge you
R.K Nanda (Expert) 03 April 2024
it is better for you to get your boy friend to get divorce from his wife from court and then you can have live- in RSP with him without any legal problems.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now