Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Legalizing covered plot with mcgm.

(Querist) 03 July 2018 This query is : Resolved 
Need advice about our commercial property.
The shop is in South Mumbai and the landlord (pagadi system) is Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM). As per the rent receipt the area is 360 sq. feet and it was purchased by our great grandfather. In line there are more 4 shops just adjacent to us, like ours, and to my knowledge at the backside of this shop there was a dead end lane (some 70 years ago) which gradually being covered by the adjacent shop keepers, in length. As understood that it might have left no option for our grandfather he might have also extended the length of our shop otherwise either of the adjacent shop owner would have covered that area, after which its capacity rose to 600 sq. feet. But the Rent receipt which MCGM gives to us, mentions 360 sq. feet only.
This all story I discovered recently when I intended to sell this shop. Now I want to make this additional 240 sq. feet area also legal and post that would like to sell it.
Please advice is there any legal procedure to follow to take this additional area also?
Mohammed Vaid (Querist) 04 July 2018
Experts please advice.
P. Venu (Expert) 05 July 2018
It could be that your title is perfected by adverse possession. However, an attempt to legalize or regularize may turn out to be counterproductive.
Mohammed Vaid (Querist) 05 July 2018
Very technical. Can you please help me understand in layman language
Mohammed Vaid (Querist) 05 July 2018
Very technical. Can you please help me understand in layman language
Kishor Mehta (Expert) 05 July 2018
Law or Adverse possession is not applicable, this is an act of encroachment and can not be legalised.
krishna mohan (Expert) 12 July 2018
You can sell more than what is in document.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query