Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

legalities in the absence of a will

(Querist) 23 July 2008 This query is : Resolved 
dear sir,
i want to know that in the absence of a will, what are the necessary steps to be taken for property transfer.
the deceased is survived by a wife and daughter.
i am more concerned with immovable property.
anantha krishna n.v. Advocate (Expert) 23 July 2008
when there is no will, the deceased is said to have died intestate. Then the Hindu Succession Act ( for hindus) and Indian Succession Act ( for others) apply.
One needs to get succession certificate from the competent court and get the property mutated in their names.

anantha krishna n.v.( Advocate, AP High Court, 9246531895)
Srinivas.B.S.S.T (Expert) 24 July 2008
Well the reply of my friend is exhaustive. YOu have to apply for legal heir certificate and you also have to file SOP for the properties.
K.C.Suresh (Expert) 24 July 2008
Dear Kruthika, Mr. Anathakrishnana and Srini has given the opinion.
Guest (Expert) 24 July 2008
For immoveable properties

An application to the Municpality with Death certificate of the deceased and a declaration that your are the only heirs should be enough. The Municipality will verify and transfer to property into your jont name.

For moveable property like bank deposits, shares, and the like

you need a succession certificate from competent court of law.
Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Expert) 24 July 2008
which type of property you want to transfer?is it moveable or immoveable? plz.without full detail it is very dificult to solve ur problem.
SANJAY DIXIT (Expert) 24 July 2008
Dear Kruthika,
It is my suggestion that always provide the facts in toto at the first instance. It would be easier for the hon expert members to give accurate and better opinion.
kruthika (Querist) 28 July 2008
dear sir,
what exactly is an SOP??
kruthika (Querist) 28 July 2008
and i am more concerned wid immovable property.
kruthika (Querist) 28 July 2008
i also have one more query..what happens to the GPA,if any issued by the diseased?

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :