LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Legal Protection

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 25 November 2010 This query is : Resolved 
I am a mid-level professional and got married a year back with a girl of village background. The tone of my wife got changed a lot after she became pregnant.

I never ill-treated her for anything and live separately from my parents. She got all the comforts of life and never put her under trouble. I shop for all the grocery, clothes, medicines and entertainment after I found she is a spendthrift. I am also providing her some decent pocket money. Now she accuses me of being a miser and demands me to give her large amount of money everymonth. She troubles me by thinking herself that all the money I earn is given to my parents and she feels highly insecure about her life. She blames my old parents although they do not have any role to play here - indeed they visit very few times every month to my house.

She started propagated bad about me to her family members, neighbors and now threatens to leave me after child birth. I am suspecting that she has some ill-intentions as I am a successfull professional and of straight forward nature.

In case if she throws me a case, what I need to do to protect myself? Is it compulsory by law that I need to provide wife some portion of salary everymonth by demand? In case if I file a divorce petition, how much maintenance amount I need to provide to her? I do not want to go to the last solution, but I am in deep mental agony by the daily humiliation caused by her since an year and need some decent remedy for the same.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 25 November 2010
As long as the husband and the wife stayin separately and the husband is taking care of the upkeep of the wife, the law can not force the husband to part with any amonut of money above the regular expenses.
The alimony generally revolves around 1/5th of the income of the husband.
For the remedy you have no option but to make her see the reasons.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query