LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ipc 279

Guest (Querist) 27 September 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Police has registered FIR for rash driving when I hit front my car, it’s just small hit bumper damage, as the other people came hit me, I called police before they came other party agreed to compromise with compensation but thr police registered case against me.

How to quash 279 against? Can police withdraw the case or it has to go trial and contest.

What are my options?
P. Venu (Expert) 28 September 2021
The easier option is to plead guilty through an advocate and pay the fine.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 29 September 2021
The case would be registered u/s 279 with 337 or 338 or 304 A of the Indian Penal Code, 1860 but not singly under section 279 IPC, Recheck.
Get the case compounded in Mediation Cell or Lok Adalat, otherwise quashing of FIR can be filed before High Court.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query