LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

International payment

(Querist) 08 August 2021 This query is : Resolved 
Thanks for your reply to all senior lawyers. In fact, Today my customer from Dubai has send me an email threatening to send me legal notice. He send email by making comments to recover the advance amount 60% as he wants to void the PO. My question: Can a party from Dubai send me legal notice for recuperate his money ? I have PO from him mentioning payment terms 60 advance /40 before dispatch and Proforma Invoice from me mentioning same. we do not have any other contract signed.
What can be done in this matter from me now from India ? Can I send him mental harassment and cheating and fraud notice ?
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 09 August 2021
After cancellation of purchase order the vendee is well within his right to recover the advance money paid by him excluding certain administrative charges, as agreed between both of you.
There is no difference if person sitting in India or Dubai qua issuance of legal notice.
Issuance of legal notice qua mental harassment, cheating and fraud has to be specific and relevant to the transaction(s).
Terms and conditions of contract shall prevail, which are required to be perused but can not presumed to oblige.
It would be better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for appreciation of facts / documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.
Shalin Shah (Querist) 09 August 2021
Thank you sir, The matter is Purchaser-Dubai has cancelled the PO himself. We already manufactured machines on the base of advance received from him. His first PO came in March and now in August he cancel himself and asking for refund. He dont wan to pay 40% and now refund of earlier 60%. There is no T & Cs between is as no contract signed. How can he send me legal notice for refund by deciding himself of cancellation of PO after five months ? . What action can be taken by me ?
P. Venu (Expert) 10 August 2021
The matter entails professional consultation.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query