Interest on gratuity

CA passed an order to pay gratuity along with 10% interest from 1.12.2015 till the date of actual payment to the applicant i.e. to me.
CA order was challenged with DLC and Appellate Authority and deposited gratuity amount along with 10% interest up to 24.4.2018
Appellate Authority rejected the appeal filed by appellant on 12.10.2019.CA released my gratuity along with deposited interest on 18.8.2020.
Since I received interest up to 24.4.2018. I claimed interest with the employer on 18.8.20 with an amount of Rs.296885/- on their refusal to pay I filed an application with CA in form N for direction on 20.10.2020 to which the order is still awaited from Controlling Authority. I want to know the legal status of my claim.

To me, they have to pay the interest till the date of your payment.

Yes, the employer is liable to pay the interest till the final disbursal.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate Online (Expert)

If you want to know the status of your claim you may file an application under RTI act and obtain the information you are desirous of.

×

Muslim Personal Law     |    x