Information concerning accident

On 24 August 2015, my brother age 18, as usual was going tuition in his scooty, but suddenly a big army truck hit him very badly and his scooty slipped, as a result he fell from scooty. He writhed in pain on road for ten minutes but the driver did not help him at all even as the hospital was just 40 metres away. Because the driver was army person, public did not touch him but they angrily told the driver to take him hospital which he refused to do. When my brother was writhing in pain on road, the driver was busy in making phone calls to his army unit for his truck protection. After writhing in pain on road for ten minutes, two boys took my brother to hospital where he was pronounced death. The police booked him under section 304A of IPC. I want to know what whether sections like 336 and 338 be imposed on him? Will he be punished for not helping my brother after accident?

MANOJ HARIT (Expert)

Press for charges under Sec 304.

336 & 338 are minor offences. Both bailable. Max prison term - 6 months to 1 year.

R.K NandaOnline (Expert)

consult local lawyer.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

agreed.

Sudhir KumarOnline (Expert)

since you are coming as anonymous no PM can be sent.

you must file MACT case.

No reply to query from anonymous.

MANOJ HARIT (Expert)

I beg pardon of Experts. I erred in replying to a query from anonymous.

Shall keep that in mind henceforth.

×