Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Income tax practioner

Guest (Querist) 30 April 2009 This query is : Resolved 
One person having qualification of B.Com(H) practicing (filing return) income tax since 1 year. Last week he gave an advertisement in news paper of his service. He is not an advocate, just a B.Com.
Some official from tax department called him and told that a tax practioner can not give news paper advertisement and such an act is punishable.
Seniors please tell me if any such provision is there.
A V Vishal (Expert) 30 April 2009
The person cannot be termed as a tax practioner either, inorder, to be an ITP he has to register with the I T Dept or he is no better than a quack. What were the contents of the advertisement which attracted the attention of the department, which has led to warning by the department.
Guest (Querist) 01 May 2009
I think to be registered as ITP one must practice tax at least for one year, then he can apply
Ashok Kumar Garg (Expert) 01 May 2009
Mr Vishal is right.

But so far as advertising is concerned, there is no prohibition in the Income-tax Act in this rgard for ITPs who are not advocate.

Ashok Garg

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (Expert) 02 May 2009
I agree with Sri Ashok Kumar Garg.
Guest (Querist) 03 May 2009
thanks to all

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query