LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Huf deceased on PPF account can karta be female

(Querist) 06 December 2018 This query is : Resolved 
An HUF where the Karta was only male and it has wife and two major daughter as member/coparceners.The Karta has expired.The HUF has a Bank account with the demised karta as signatory.Now the Bank is asking for "Succession Certificate" and says it will distribute the credit amount among three ladies equally on receipt of succession certificate.However my Income Tax Practioner has opined that the HUF never dies and it shall continue to exist with a different Karta(choosen by the remaining three members) and there is no need and also provision for Issue of a :Succession Certificate" in case of HUF as it is a Constituted Body whereas the Sucession Certificate is issued in case of death of an individual without will. Money is held up. Please give opinion for right step.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 06 December 2018
Have you submitted claim forms under proper acknowledgment?
If bank/banker has objected in writing then submit opinion of your LOCAL counsel in form of a letter drafted by your counsel under proper acknowledgment.

The BM may seek legal opinion and reply in writing to you.

Kumar Doab (Expert) 06 December 2018
You may also go thru Article under my profile;

"Hindu can be a manager of a joint family, denoting a role distinct from that of the Karta"
K.K.Ganguly (Expert) 07 December 2018
Female member can become the Karta afrter the demise of the mlae Karta of a HUF.
Dr J C Vashista (Expert) 09 December 2018
You have concealed your identity wherein you have mentioned "Forum" as author, whereas anonymous person is not obliged by experts as per rule of this platform.

What is your concern/ interest/ locus standie to the question ?

Please go through concept of HUF, especially after coming into force of Hindu Succession Act, 1955 and confirm whether HUF exists ?.
Kumar Doab (Expert) 12 December 2018
Subsequent to query and posts, posted to help you ; If required in your case, Your own very able LOCAL counsel as already advised above, can advise you in person, after examining all docs, inputs in person.
Obtain proper legal opinion in writing.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query