LIVE Course on Transfer Property Law | Price Hike in 4 days | Grab it now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How to force police to register an FIR ?

Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 06 March 2011 This query is : Resolved 
I am a widow and when my sons were away from Mumbai for office work on 5/3/2011 my belongings kept in a room in a flat were removed by breaking the lock of room and thrown in to gr. floor open space of our society by my relatives. When I went to police station they simply made me wait for 6 hrs. and then refused to register an FIR saying it is a civil matter all due to corruption and bribe from opposite party. Pl. advice on urgent basis how to get a court order for registration of FIR. I have lodged a complaint on website of Mumbai Police and have the complaint no. Regards
Advocate Sachdev Bishnoi (Expert) 06 March 2011
you can file a complaint to Superintendent of Police in this regard by a written application and also send the same copy to the Director General of Police or Inspector General of Police and also mention the fact regarding the concerned police station which has refused to register your case in this regard and you can also send the FAX in this regard to all these officers.
Arvind Singh Chauhan (Expert) 06 March 2011
After following the Mr. Scadev's advice if police don't take action. You move to court of judicial magistrate with all proofs of your old correspondence and file application under Sec. 156(3) Cr.P.C. Still you can move to court without begging before higher officials of police.
Guest (Expert) 06 March 2011
I agree with the views of the experts.
Advocate. Arunagiri (Expert) 06 March 2011
Send a police complaint by RPAD to the Police Station. After one or two weeks if they do not register the case, you can approach the SP of the District. Or you can approach the court for compelling the police to register FIR.
Devajyoti Barman (Expert) 06 March 2011
Yes file application under 156(3) crpc in the competent court of the Magistrate which would register your com0laint as FIR and send the same to the police for necessary investigation.
Kirti Kar Tripathi (Expert) 06 March 2011
i fully agree with experts, follow them
G. ARAVINTHAN (Expert) 06 March 2011
file private complaint if police not responding to you
Querist : Anonymous (Querist) 07 March 2011
What happens once MM gives direction to police to Register FIR and how long it takes for it. My goods are still lying in open due to corrupt police. They are in fact gooindas in uniform.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :

Expert of the Month

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query