How can i become the legal owner of controlled (kabjawala, possessed)land

This query is : Resolved 

03 December 2015

Respected Sir,
I am 40 yrs old living in rural area of Haryana by birth. Before my birth about 12 yrs back my father had purchased a land for residence purpose about 1000 sq.yard by registry. But one land about more than 500 sq yard adjoining the same land seized (possession , Kabaja) by my father. At the time of possession of that land no one has claimed of that land as ownership, later on from reliable sources we came to know that possessed land pertains to some schedule casts people which was allotted at the time of origin of village.Till now same land is under my control (possession)last more than 50 years, and construct a temporary house for cattles and boundary wall of possessed land included our own land. In between my father expired in may 2005. I have registry papers of purchased land only and no other papers of possessed land. But now the legal heirs of that possessed land are claiming as ownership.
By the above facts I want help of your expert knowledge as:

(i)How can I become the legal owner of controlled (Kabjawala, possessed)land.
(ii)Is there any provision in THE INDIAN EASEMENT ACT, LIMITATION ACT or any other Act relating to the property.
(iii) Please quote the latest provision in Law relating to my case at state level.

Thanking You
Mob 7259907852

Nitish Banka (Expert)
03 December 2015

you can claim land on adverse possession.
Nitish Banka

Rajendra K Goyal Online (Expert)
03 December 2015

Have the other party documents in their favor?

This is land allotted to SC person and you are occupying it without authority and illegally. Your claim has lack of merits. Discuss with your lawyer.

Kumar Doab (Expert)
03 December 2015

You can pay all the legal heirs as per their share and get it registered in your name.

K.S.SrinivasOnline (Expert)
09 December 2015

You are entitled to claim ownership under adverse possession, provided it is not assigned land to the SC candidate.

You need to be the querist or approved LAWyersclub expert to take part in this query .

Click here to login now

Similar Resolved Queries :



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x